Drop-off, Pick-Up, and Parking Procedures
Our entrance driveway is at 6607 Hillside Avenue.
It is one-way with the exit onto Home City Avenue. For the safety of you and your children, we ask that you follow these procedures each time you drive on campus. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Drop-off and pickup will continue to be in the current driveway. Enter from Hillside and drive down the driveway to the new Primary building. There is a dedicated lane for buses next to the new building.
- The driveway is not a street. Therefore, do not drive more than 5 miles per hour in the parking lot or on the driveway. We want to protect children and adults too.
- Buses have the right-of-way. Pull over if a bus is approaching or trying to get around your vehicle.
- Please pull all the way forward next to the concrete island when dropping off your child/children. Do not let your child out of the vehicle in the driveway as there is no safe walkway.
- Continue south and exit onto Home City Avenue.
- The driveway is one way only. When parking in a visitor spot along the woods, the vehicle should be facing Home City.
- Do not park in an unmarked spot unless directed by the principal or person on duty.
- Please stay in your vehicle in the driveway. Standing in the driveway is a safety hazard when vehicles and buses are entering and exiting.
- Walkers and pickups will be dismissed at 2:10 p.m.
- If there is a change in transportation, the office must receive a note that day or a phone call before 1:30 p.m. We cannot guarantee that the teacher and student will get that information if the call is received after 1:30 p.m. Normal arrangements will be followed unless we hear from you.
- The pickup line will start at the gate to the new buildings.
- Warnings will be issued for violations. A $5.00 fine may be issued for continual violations. The money will be placed in the building renovation fund for additional improvements to the new buildings.
- Preschool parents have specially marked parking tags to park in the Hillside/Home City driveway while they take their children to the classroom in the morning only. Parents and students will enter the Courtyard door to go to the pre-school room.
- Pre-school parents should arrive at 1:45 p.m. to sign their children out of the classroom. Park in the marked spots in the driveway by the woods.
- If parents are late they will need to park in the marked spots in the driveway by the woods, on Home City or in the regular lot on Hillside and walk down to the building.
- Parents of pre-schoolers can use the visitor spots in the Hillside/Home City driveway if they have other children to pick up. The principal or person on duty will direct parents to park in other areas.
Parents of Kindergartners will need to pick them up from the courtyard area and should not get in the pick-up line in the driveway. Parking is available in the Hillside lot or on Home City Avenue. Parents can walk over to the courtyard door to pick up their children.
Parents coming for dismissal should get in the pick-up line in the Hillside driveway. They should have a name tag attached to the passenger visor (if new), visible to the person on duty in the driveway. When you approach the pick-up area, the family name will be called and the child or children will come to the vehicle after it has come to a complete stop. Children should not get in a vehicle that is still parked in the pick-up line in the driveway unless escorted by an adult on duty. This is not a safe procedure. Name tags for the visitor can be picked up in the office.
Leaving the Driveway
Once the child/children are picked up, the vehicle will exit at Home City. A staff member will be directing traffic so you can turn right onto Home City. Please follow their directions. Children will be walking on the sidewalks. Please observe all “No Parking” signs.
- Parking will be available on the street or in the Hillside to Home City one-way driveway.
- There is no parking along the retaining wall across from the new Primary building. There is no parking in the lot between the Community Center and the school.
- There will be handicapped parking on the street in front of the new Primary building and one spot on the back playground. Parking and access to the back playground will be restricted at the end of the school day.
- Buses will be pulled into the back playground for dismissal. If a vehicle is in the handicapped spot on the back playground, it will have to wait until the buses have left the property in order to leave the lot.
- No vehicles will be permitted around the back of the building and gym at dismissal for the safety of all the children.
- Parking in the lot between the school and the Community Center is for school and recreation staff.
- Pick up of students will not be permitted in this lot at the end of the day.
- Parking signs are in the process of being changed to reflect our new traffic patterns.
Thank you for your cooperation in having a safe and orderly arrival and dismissal.